[omniORB] Call Timeout

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:05:51 -0500

   Can we please disable timeouts on method calls by default? They
are easy to overlook and I believe it violates the principle of
least surprise to have a method call randomly generate a COMM_FAILURE
when the system becomes a little slower than usual. While this
might be reasonable behavior in, e.g., a client-server situation
where the client or the connection is expected to be unreliable,
I would expect a COMM_FAILURE in a fairly reliable peer-to-peer
situation to indicate that something serious had occurred.
   Thanks.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories