[omniORB] ORBInitialPort

Andrew Weaver Andrew.Weaver@tecnomen.fi
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:39:57 +0200

Moi, running omniORB 2.8 on Linux kernel 2.2.5-15.

I have rebuilt the entire thing receiving some warnings that some refs might
be used uninitialised but no outright failures.

Now, I have the .cfg file created and it contains the entries ORBInitialHost
and ORBInitialPort

I start the omniNames for the first time with ./omniNames -start 70000 and
get the message "Configuration error: Invalid object reference supplied for
ORBInitialPort. Aborted"

I noticed in the mail archive that somebody else had a similar problem but
cannot find any patch or so.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong here please?

Kind Regards

Andy Weaver