[omniORB] omniidl bug?

Thu, 09 Dec 1999 09:29:35 +0000

On Thursday 9 December, Thorsten Roskowetz wrote:

> although the 'enormous' patch didn't fix Mark's problem I still
> have one question:  Wouldn't it be better (read: more portable)
> to use UINT_MAX from <limits.h> than 0xffffffffU ?

It is wrong to use UINT_MAX or ULONG_MAX, since the code in question
is making sure that the number fits in 32 bits. On 64 bit platforms,
ULONG_MAX, and possibly UINT_MAX will be too big.

Anyway, it turns out that the problem is nothing to do with that test,
but to do with reading the number in the first place. There is a fix
in CVS.