[omniORB] RE: [omniorb] solution for problems compiling projects using msdevstudio 6

Eicher Thomas tei@elca.ch
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 14:05:30 +0100

I am using MSVC++(SP3) and NT4 (SP4);

I have not read about the independence of the omniDynamic and omniORB
libraries; since I am using my server's idl file, I don't know exactly wh=
at
interfaces (e.g. class Any) are implicitely used in there.

The problem was, that I was able to compile everything (since e.g.
Any::~Any() shows up in corba.h), but not to link -> obviously, corba.h
refers to some functions defined in omniDynamic.

What I did notice, is that the provided makefiles for the examples (dir.m=
ak
and similar) for nmake do include omniDynamic as well. That's why those
nmake-makefiles work, but not the projects genereated in MSVC. -> Why not
link them in, it works.

Since I read, that many others had had similar problem with MSVC, I thoug=
ht
that this was the solution, but maybe there is some deeper problem to it?

Let me know, if you find out more.
-- tom
Tom Eicher                  ELCA Informatik AG
tei@elca.ch                    Steinstrasse 21
+41 (0)1 456 32 47                 8003 Z=FCrich
http://www.elca.ch                 Switzerland