[omniORB] RE: [omniorb] solution for problems compiling projects using msdevstudio 6

Eicher Thomas tei@elca.ch
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:23:34 +0100

Hi --

I just tried to build the examples once, which did not work, although I a=
not quite sure whether this was due to the lack of omniDynamic280 or rath=
er
some other missing setting in MS Dev. But my own application did compile
smoothly as soon as I linked in the additional library, after having had
those unresolved external symbol errors.

I have never tried to do much stuff with omniNames, since I am working on
the client side, and all I have to do is connect to the naming service. I
started with that only after compiling my application. It works.

I hope that helps.

-- Tom
Tom Eicher                  ELCA Informatik AG
tei@elca.ch                    Steinstrasse 21
+41 (0)1 456 32 47                 8003 Z=FCrich
http://www.elca.ch                 Switzerland