[omniORB] omniNames and libstdc++.so.2.9 on RedHat 6.0

Mon, 06 Dec 1999 10:55:37 +0000

On Friday 3 December, Randall Britten wrote:

> I downloaded the following binary distribution from
> www.uk.research.att.com: omniORB_280_x86_linux_2.0_glibc.tar.gz,
> hoping to run it on my RedHat 6.0 Linux box.

Redhat 6 uses glibc 2.1. omniORB is compiled against glibc 2.0, so the
binary libraries won't work. You should download the source and
compile it.

You should compile omniORB with the latest version of gcc, which is
2.95.2. When you build gcc, make sure you use the --enable-threads
option to configure. Despite the documentation's claim that it only
affects Objective-C, it does make a difference.