[omniORB] Finding methods / part 3

Mon, 06 Dec 1999 10:41:36 +0000

On Wednesday 1 December, Casillas_Juan_M/madrid_tecnologia@sinvest.es wrote:

[...]

>    That's fine too. But here I have another problem: I have to find the
>    interface (I don't known nothing about it) and then, I have to find
>    what methods they have, and their values ... sounds dificult ... =20
>    how can I do that usign omniORB only ?

You can't do it with things distributed in omniORB, without
implementing the interface querying functionality yourself.

[...description of finding laser printers out of paper...]

There is nothing in your description which requires that clients
dynamically find the interfaces of objects. You just need to design
your interfaces properly, with sensible use of inheritance. Trying to
dynamically query and invoke on unknown interfaces will turn
everything into a big unmanageble mess.