[omniORB] Winsock

Christian_Lipp@allianz.at Christian_Lipp@allianz.at
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:45:55 +0100

We are using omniOrb 2.8 under Win95 (laptop) and WinNT (PC).
On the laptops, we use it for client/server apps, but also for IPC.

When the network connection isn't available (so we just want to use IPC)
every start of a CORBA-Server fails.

So we tried to upgrade winsock.dll to V2, now the server is able to start.
Unfortunately, we have to install 1400 clients and we could't manage
to make the winsock-upgrade unintented (for automatical installation
whitout user interaction).

So my question: does omniORB only run with winsock 2 on windows
platforms or is there a way to start a server without network connection
and an older winsock?

Thanks in advance, greetings
CL