[omniORB] omniidl crash on NT

Wed, 01 Dec 1999 16:25:41 +0000

On Wednesday 1 December, Christian Eibl wrote:

> i'm using MSVC++ 6.0 (apart from that, i'm healthy ;-)
> everything else in OmniORB seems to work fine, so i suppose it's not
> a compiler problem.

Has anyone successfully compiled omniORBpy with VC++ 6?  If so, did
you have to do anything special to make it work?

> below the outputs from the idl(pre)compiler and an
> excerpt of the code where it crashes (seems that things mess up where
> you are converting to the FILE struct...)

It looks from the debugging like everything is doing the right thing,
but there's clearly something wrong. My only guess is that the pipe
between the C pre-processor and the IDL front end isn't working. As an
experiment, try

  omniidl -v -N -bpython echo_example.idl

That will compile the IDL file directly without invoking the
pre-processor. If that works, I'll have to think about replacing the
pipe with a temporary file. If it doesn't work, then I'll have to
think again.