[omniORB] omniORB NT acnnot find omniORB linux

Wed, 01 Dec 1999 09:36:41 +0000

On Tuesday 30 November, Fred Cook wrote:

> My NT client cannot find my server that lives on Red Hat linux 6.1.
> Both machines have fully functional omniORB installations.  The echo eg3
> examples work on both machines,  but a client on one machine cannot find
> the server on the other, it is as if the network was not present.  There
> is a valid network connection between the two machines (both ftp and
> telnet work).  Can anyone give me some advice?

Are you running the naming service on both machines?  If so, that's
your problem. You should run the naming service on a single machine,
and point both machines to it.

If that isn't your problem, you need to give more details. Does the
eg2 example work between the two machines if you copy the IOR across?

HTH,