[omniORB] 2.8.0 pre-release 1 idl bug?

Mark Little M.C.Little@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:12:34 +0100

I have the following two idl files which work fine with older versions of
omniORB (and other ORBs), but the 2.8.0 pre-release  binary for Windows
doesn't like:

CosTransactions.idl:

module CosTransactions
{
 exception Unavailable {};

    interface Terminator;
    interface Coordinator;

    interface Control
    {
 Terminator get_terminator () raises (Unavailable);
 Coordinator get_coordinator () raises (Unavailable);
    };

    interface Terminator
    {
    };

    interface Coordinator
    {
    };
};

ArjunaOTS.idl:

#include <idl/CosTransactions.idl>

module ArjunaOTS
{
    interface ActionControl : CosTransactions::Control
    {
        CosTransactions::Control foo ();
    };

}

The CosTransactions.idl file goes through the idl stub compiler fine. But
ArjunaOTS generates the following error:

omniidl2: "ArjunaOTS.idl", line 8: error in lookup of symbol:
CosTransactions::Control
omniidl2: ArjunaOTS.idl: found 1 error

If I replace the CosTransactions::Control for foo with void, say, it
compiles.

Mark.

SENDER : Dr. Mark Little, Arjuna Project, Distributed Systems Research.
PHONE  : +44 191 222 8066, FAX : +44 191 222 8232
POST   : Department of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon
  Tyne, UK, NE1 7RU
EMAIL  : M.C.Little@newcastle.ac.uk