[omniORB] IDL modules

James Riden jamesr@harlequin.co.uk
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:23:34 +0100

At 04:55 PM 8/24/99 +0100, David Riddoch wrote:

>Peter,
>

>The option -m allows modules to be re-opened.
>
>This is enabled by default only for platforms on which modules name to c++
>namespaces.  On other platforms modules map to c++ classes -- and so you
>will probably get errors when you compile the stubs.
>

>Hope that helps,
>David

(already mailed to the person who asked the question, but I thought I'd
 repeat this on the list)

The IRIX (MIPSpro) compiler has supported namespaces since v 7.2 I think.
OmniORB 2.7.1 doesn't make use of this - not a criticism btw, maybe
compatibility with the 7.1 compiler was required, or reopening was never
needed.

I've added the following to omniORB_2.7.1/include/omniORB2/CORBA_sysdep.h:

#if defined(__irix__)

# if _COMPILER_VERSION >= 720
#  define HAS_Cplusplus_Namespace
# endif

#endif

(I think this change will be incorporated into omniORB 2.8)

CC -n32 -version   will tell you what version of the C++ compiler you have.

hth

cheers,
  James