[omniORB] load balancing example

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:47:23 +0100

On Monday 16 August, Andrew Wong wrote:

> Does OmniNames provide some kind of loading balancing as Visibroker?
> Could somebody point me to some example code of implementing loading
> balancing with OmniNames?

No -- omniNames is an implementation of the CORBA Naming service,
which has nothing to say about load balancing etc. Each name maps to a
single object reference which, in normal use, relates to a single
object. It is, of course, possible to create your own load-balancing
system. The loader system described in section 5.6 of the omniORB
manual could be useful for this.