[omniORB] Problem with finding shared libraries

HA Quoc Viet qvha@axlog.fr
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:47:53 +0200

Basma Driss Elkaleh wrote:

> Hi
>
> I use:
>
> omniORB2.7.1
> Linux 2.2.3
> platform = i586_linux_2.0_glibc
> gcc version egcs-2.91.57 19980901
>
> I have compiled successfully. But when I try to run an application or
> omniNames, I become the following error:
>
>  error in loading shared libraries
> libomniORB2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> This library existst in ../lib/i586_linux_2.0_glibc. When I move to this
> directory (../lib/i586_linux_2.0_glibc) and run omniNames and the
> application, every thing runs well.
>
> The problem seems that the path of the shared library is not found.
> Could anyone tell me the reason of this? Should I set any variable ?
>
> When I have ran omniORB2.7.1 under SunOS, I don't have this problem.

The way I see it, your dynamic loader didn't get updated with your new
librairies, either because noone ever told him there was something new
to use, or because your (special) path is not in _his_ path.

on a debian 2.1, I would either do "ldconfig" in the first case,
or add your path to /etc/ld.so.conf and "ldconfig" again in the second.

hope this helps.

--
Anything is possible, given enough programmers and enough junk food

HA Quoc Viet               Rue du 8 Mai 1945            -o)
Axlog Ingenierie           Arceuil 94110                /\\
+33 (0) 01 41 24 31 21     France                      _\_v