[omniORB] Problem with finding shared libraries

Basma Driss Elkaleh driss@enst.fr
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:37:33 +0200

Hi

I use:

omniORB2.7.1
Linux 2.2.3
platform = i586_linux_2.0_glibc
gcc version egcs-2.91.57 19980901

I have compiled successfully. But when I try to run an application or
omniNames, I become the following error:

 error in loading shared libraries
libomniORB2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

This library existst in ../lib/i586_linux_2.0_glibc. When I move to this
directory (../lib/i586_linux_2.0_glibc) and run omniNames and the
application, every thing runs well.

The problem seems that the path of the shared library is not found.
Could anyone tell me the reason of this? Should I set any variable ?

When I have ran omniORB2.7.1 under SunOS, I don't have this problem.

B. D. El Kaleh
ENST-Paris