[omniORB] Multithread debugging under Linux

Laurent Pointal pointal@lure.u-psud.fr
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:57:47 +0200

I ave just read this, and as many people get problems with Linux kernel 2.2
(RH6 users...), this can be interresting for them (its just information, i
have not personnaly tested it):

<<
Newsgroups: comp.programming.threads
Subject: Re: debugger with multi-threading support
Date: 09 Aug 1999 12:44:21 -0700

ghislain260@my-deja.com writes:

> We've just started porting our system to linux and to do so w3e're
> starting to compile using gcc-2.91.66.  The latest version of GDB does
> not seem to support multi-threaded applications.

Code Fusion contains a thread-smart gdb (supports all reasonable
combinations of glibc/LinuxThreads/kernel).
http://www.cygnus.com/codefusion/index.html

The patches will migrate into main-line gdb sources as time permits.
I'm not sure what the schedule is.

AG

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California

Laurent.

Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : pointal@lure.u-psud.fr  ou  lpointal@planete.net
ouebe  : http://www.planete.net/~lpointal