[omniORB] Assertion failed

Helmut Swaczinna Helmut.Swaczinna@wmd.de
Sat, 07 Aug 1999 18:35:57 +0100

Sai-Lai,

here I am again.

At 17:11 29.07.99 +0100, you wrote:

>I suggest you upgrade to egcs-1.1.2 (remember the --enable-threads option)
>and try again. It is one variable that I would like to remove.

I've setup a new Linux-Box with Kernel 2.2.10 and egcs-1.1.2 from the
SuSE 6.1 distribution, driven by a PentiumIII 450MHz. The effect is, that
the whole application is much more instable as before. There're more
crashing processes and even omniNames has chrashed several times. Because
the old Linux-Box is only a 180MHhz Pentium, it seems to me, that there are
some time-critical issues.

>If the problem still persists, you really have to do some digging in your
>code to try to isolate a test case for me to work on. (Sometimes, it may
>just be a stack overflow that is causing the problem. You happen to define
>a huge array as an IDL operation argument for instance.)

I haven't found any critical method invocations or undefined object