[omniORB] Weird stuff from OmniIDL2

Eric Sellin eric.sellin@bt.com
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 12:43:05 +0100

Hi all,

I'm running OmniORB 2.7.1 on a WinNT 4 box with Visual C++ 5. I'm
experiencing some funny behaviour from OmniIDL2.

My IDL files are rather complicated with many #include and multiple
interface inheritance.

The symptoms are as follows, possibly unrelated:

i) in one particular header file, some methods are declared twice within
the same class. These are methods that, in the IDL file, are inherited from
another interface.

ii) when I remove the duplicate declaration and try to compile all the
stuff, including my small test program, the linker complains with
unresolved external references to various operators working on Any objects.
These references come from the *SK.cpp files. Options to omniidl2 are "-a
-t".

The same IDL files are working properly on an older installation, OmniORB
2.6.1 on a Solaris 2.5 workstation and gcc 2.7.2.

If anybody has seen this before, I would appreciate any kind of help. I can
post more details if necessary.

Cheers,

	Eric.

--
Eric Sellin                      | Email: eric.sellin@bt.com
Advanced Communications Research | Phone: +44 1473 640 347