[omniORB] Bug in inheritance across namespaces.

Frank Lynch flynch@emhain.wit.ie
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:13:35 +0100 (IST)

Hi all,

I'm having a hellish time with inheritance across namespaces using
Microsoft Visual C++ 5 and 6.
Clients are crashing in the generated code (fooSK.cc) with a stack
overflow.

I think this is the same problem that Dietmar May outlined a "patch" for
in his mail to this list on June 29 1998. with the subject line [omniORB]
MSVC 6.0 bug with inheritance across namespaces (modules).

I have not been sucessfull in my attempt to apply this patch. Is there any
reason why this patch was not included in omniORB 2.7.1

Can someone please help me - with a workaround or some help in applying
the patch.

TIA
Frank Lynch