[omniORB] How can I use a 3rd party Interface Repository?

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:30:37 +0100 (GMT)

Hi Erlend,

I'm afraid this is my fault. This has not in fact been completely
implemented after all - you cannot get the IOR from
resolve_initial_references() or get_interface(). I have in fact been
working on it today!

If you can get hold of the IOR for the interface repository by some other
means then you should be able to use it.

I can't do anything about this immediately - but I'll try and get a proper
solution for you some time in May. The entry in omniORB.cfg file will in
fact be called INTERFACE_REPOSITORY when I get it to you.

When I've fixed it both resolve_initial_references() and get_interface()
will work.

Cheers,
David