[omniORB] How can I use a 3rd party Interface Repository?

Erlend V Bøe evb@kerridge.com
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:48:19 +0000

Hi all,

I am having some problems getting omniORB to work with the interface
repository from MICO.

What I was hoping is that I will be able to use omniNames with Java IDL,
and also make a java or omniORB program support the get_interface()
method

Has anybody managed to get this to work, or indeed managed to get
omniORB to work with any interface repository?

I tried to find some documentation about the omniORB.cfg file, I tried
to add an entry named "INTERFACEREPOSITORY", but it failed...

Looking at the source for initFile.cc, it seems that it only looks for
NAMESERVICE and a few other options ?

Erlend

--
"the feeling was exhilarating and addictive"
        -- Microsoft employee Vinod Valloppillil, on his first exposure