[omniORB] Working with databases

Cristi bcristi@cti.ro
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:24:09 +0300

Hi.
Look what problem do i have:

    I'm trying to write an object which has only one method.
    This method returns a string in which I want to store the result of an
SQL command. I want to use SYBASE server.
    I don't know what I do wrong, maybe I miss something.
    So, in the implementation of the method I just call a function to which
I pass the SQL command, and it returns a string. But the client process
hangs - up when I launch it. And I found out that the server process can not
connect to the database.
Everything seemed to be OK. The server is running...etc.
I even made a sepparate program which is not using CORBA, but only that
function to retrieve the information in the database (in fact it's only one
table with 2 rows), and this program works.
Can anybody give a suggestion?
Please answer me. If you want more details I'll give them.
Thanks,
Cristi