[omniORB] Working with VisiBroker and OMNIORB

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:55:34 -0400

In Message <001d01be89a5$b71ea2c0$fb01a8c0@Interface.braintrust.com> ,
   "Michael Hart" <dragon@panix.com> wrote:

=>I am required to work with VisiBroker when working in our Windows NT
=>network. Now that we have some LINUX machines on the network I was wondering
=>if there are any issues that I should know if we should place some CORBA
=>objects on the LINUX network using OMNIORB.
=>
=>Michael

   If you pass around CORBA:Anys, you may need to set the
omniORB::acceptMisalignedTcIndirections flag to 1. Some versions of
Visibroker (at least; they all may) send out a misaligned indirect
offset which loses when combined with OmniORB's default unmarshalling
code. Other than that it should be fine.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories