[omniORB] -URGENT- Client crashes with stack overflow in stub code

Frank Lynch flynch@emhain.wit.ie
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:48:22 +0100 (IST)

Hi guys,
I have a very big and nasty one, my client application is crashing in the
stub (with a stack overflow) using omni2.7.1 on NT with VC++5.0

Using the following IDL...

module foo
{
interface dummy
	{
	void someOp();
	};
interface factory
	{
	dummy get();
	};
};
module bar{
interface dummy : foo::dummy
	{
	void anotherOp();
	};
};

My client is crashing when trying to invoke on the method get on interface
factory.

In the server the method foo::factory::get creates a bar::dummy object and
returns it as a foo::dummy object.

The code for this simple test case is attached.

Has anyone sceen this before, if so do you have a workaround other than
changing the interface names - that is not really an option for us.
TIA
Frank Lynch.