[omniORB] IOP::ServiceContext operators

David Byron dbyron@coactive.com
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 18:15:01 -0700

I'm using a version of omniORB based on 2.6.1.  I've made some mods to get it to compile on my platform, but nothing that is obviously related to the problem I'm seeing.

Using one version of my compiler, there are no references to any of:

IOP::ServiceContext::operator <<=(MemBufferedStream&)
IOP::ServiceContext::operator >>=(MemBufferedStream&)
IOP::ServiceContext::operator <<=(NetBufferedStream&)
IOP::ServiceContext::operator >>=(NetBufferedStream&)

and my application links fine.

Using an 'upgraded' version of the compiler with the same code, I get unresolved externs to these same functions.  I'm not sure why this fancy new compiler is generating references to these functions, but I also can't find their implementations.  Can someone give me a hand here?  Is the compiler supposed to define these for me, or are they implemented somewhere in omniORB that I'm not dealing with properly?

If it helps, I'm using 4.0a and 4.0a3 of Metaware's High C/C++ compiler.

Thanks much.

-DB
---
David Byron                     dbyron@coactive.com
Coactive Networks, Inc.         http://www.coactive.com
4000 Bridgeway, Suite 303       voice:(415)289-1722
Sausalito, CA  94965            fax:(415)289-1320