[omniORB] Automated generation of implementation headers

Mikhail Soukhanov mik@astra.relline.ru
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 17:36:39 +0400

Hello, everybody!

Is there some automated way to extract from the omniidl2 generated C++
headers only those methods that need to be implemented by me in my
program?

Some explanation:

Step 1. If I have an IDL file which looks like:

[1]	interface foo {
[1]	    void a();
[1]	};

Step 2. Then I get it compiled with omniidl2 and have the foo.hh header:

[2]	class _sk_foo: ... {
[2]	    ...
[2]	    virtual void a() = 0;
[2]	    ...
[2]	};
[2]	...
[2]	class _proxy_foo: ...
[2]	class foo_helper: ...
[2]	...

where periods replaces some (voluminous) CORBA- and omniORB-specific
staff.

Step 3. At last, I derive my implementation from the skeleton:

[3]	#include "foo.hh"
[3]	class My_foo: public _sk_foo {
[3]	    virtual void a();
[3]	};
[3]	...
[3]	void My_foo::a() { ... }

The question is: is there some automated way to generate headers for
Step 3 based on the headers from Step 2? (Without the implementation
code itself, of course;-)

Also, has the generation of such the second header ever been considered
worth to be built into omniidl2 itself?

Any enlightenment on the subject will be appreciated.

Best regards,
		Mikhail
--
Mikhail Soukhanov <mailto:mik@astra.relline.ru.>

Laboratory of Geoinformatics, VNIIgeosystem
Warszawskoje chaussee 8, Moscow M-105, 113105 Russia
Tel.: +7(095) 954-00-31, fax.: +7(095) 958-35-22
W.W.W.: <http://astra.relline.ru./>