[omniORB] omniORB + OSF1 + type_info

Martin Renner Martin.Renner@pp-ulm.de
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 12:14:05 +0200

Hi.

I am using omniORB 2.7.0 on Windows NT and on DEC OSF1 4.0. Inside of my
application I use the following code:

----+----+----+----
#include <typeinfo>

const type_info& classType = typeid(*ex);
const char * className = classType.name();
----+----+----+----

When I compile this application on Windows NT (with omniORB2 and omnithread
linked to it), everything is working fine. If I compile it on OSF1, I get
the following linker error:

ld:
/usr/lib/libcxxstd.a(typeinfo.o): std::type_info::name(void) const :
multiply defined
*** Exit 1

If I link on OSF1 without using omniORB2 and omnithread, it's working fine
again (but I have to disable all CORBA-stuff and that's not what I want to
do :-)

Does anyone have an idea, how I can link my application without getting
this linker error?

Thank you,
Martin