[omniORB] Compiling The Examples

Jan Lessner jan@c-lab.de
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 07:45:40 +0200

John,
> CC -c -O2 -fsimple  -D__OMNIORB2__ -I../../../stub -DUsePthread
> -D_REENTRANT -mt -I. -I../../../include -D__sparc__ -D__sunos__
> -D__OSVERSION__=5 -o eg1.o eg1.cc
> "../../../include/omniORB2/CORBA.h", line 353: Error: The type
> "CORBA::TypeCode" is incomplete.
>
> Is there a charitable sole out there that could point me in the right
> direction ?
> Did you all get the examples to work ?
I ran into the same problems on my first attempt to compile omniORB
2.5.0. CORBA.h contains circular dependencies which can't be resolved by
older compiler versions. So you may be using version 3 which doesn't
support that as we found out. Version 4 works.

If you have both compiler versions available, we also found out another
funny trick. Linking the executables with compiler version 4 produces
pretty large executables even though most important libraries are
shared. As an alternative you can only *compiler* with version4 and
*link* with version 3. I know, it's a little "hacky" but it works
perfectly :-)

Regards,

	Jan Lessner, C-LAB