[omniORB] Linux : NameService and, library linking problems

Henrik Schulz henrik.schulz@anite-systems.lu
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 10:11:30 +0100

Hi ,
After working with the omniORB Version 2.5 on Win32 and Solaris, I was makeing
a port of software to linux includung the CORBA (omniORB) part.
The first problem appeared when linking the already compiled version of the *.a
libs of omniORB V 2.5. (unresolved references). This problem was solved by
compiling the libraries again with the same compiler g++ 2.8.1 as used for the
other parts of the code. (this is just to inform you, if someone has the same
problem).
The other difficulty is the nameservice. First I wonder, why the omniNames
takes more than one process, when it was started up.Secondly, I could no get
the nameservice to run with my objects flying around on a Sun and NT machine,
those worked without linux well.  I recompiled the Linux omniNames, afterwards
I got a Segmentation Fault, when starting the binary.
Perhaps someone has an idea, how to solve this. At the moment I use the
omniNames from the NT station.
Thanks in advance.
Henrik Schulz
MELISSA-Team