[omniORB] Getting a servers root context via initialise_bootstrap_agent

sfurss - Simon Fursse SFURSS@acxiom.co.uk
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:41:35 +0100

Hi

I need to get various objects from different servers within a single
instance of a client application.

Is there anything wrong with using this approach ?

CORBA::Object_ptr getObjectReference(const char *host,int port,const
char *objname)
{
  	CosNaming::NamingContext_var rootContext;
      	CORBA::Object_var initServ;
    	omniInitialReferences::singleton()->set("NameService",CORBA::Object
::_nil());
	omniInitialReferences::singleton()->initialise_bootstrap_agent(host,por
t);
    	initServ = omniInitialReferences::singleton()->get("NameService");
    	rootContext = CosNaming::NamingContext::_narrow(initServ);

This appears to work fine but if there is a proper way of doing it, I'd
rather use that.

If anyones found a neat way of achieving this I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Simon Fursse.