[omniORB] NameService crashes - Socket problem?

Ralf Walther rw@neurotec.de
Thu, 17 Sep 98 10:59:00 +

Hi CORBAholics,

I've a problem with omniNames on HP.UX 10.20

System:   HP-UX 10.20
Compiler: g++ 2.8.1
omniOrb   2.5.0

Compilation of omniORB works fine, I've changed only two lines in the
hppa_hpux_10.20.mk file.

1.) Linking with libstdc++.a instead of libg++.a
2.) Delete the string "COPTIONS" in variable COPTIONS; recurive loop

Now I'm ready to run the NameService (NS). I have two server processes,
which
register their main server object in the NS. Suddenly the NS crashes (see
trace no.1).
Every time there is not enough time between two registrations,
the NS crashes with a short delay. I think it's a socket problem, because
if I WAIT till the NS has closed socket no.6, the next registration won't
let
the NS chrash (see trace no.2).
IF I bother the NS with more than these two registrations, I get the
strange message
'two man file descriptors open ?' (see trace no.3).

HELP ME PLEASE !

If anyone knows anything about this behaviour, PLEASE contact me!

        rw@neurotec.de

   IT'S VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME!

(I'm sure everyone thinks, that his questions is the most important one)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

TRACE 1:
 --------
Checkpointing Phase 1: Prepare.
Checkpointing Phase 2: Commit.
Checkpointing completed.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: starts.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept new strand.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: starts.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept new strand.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: starts.
#### Communication failure. Connection closed.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: exits.
startNameService: 11095 Memory fault(coredump)

TRACE 2:
 --------
Checkpointing Phase 1: Prepare.
Checkpointing Phase 2: Commit.
Checkpointing completed.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: starts.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept new strand.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: starts.
#### Communication failure. Connection closed.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: exits.
tcpSocketStrand::~Strand() close socket no. 6
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept new strand.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: starts.
#### Communication failure. Connection closed.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: exits.
tcpSocketStrand::~Strand() close socket no. 6

TRACE 3:
 --------
Checkpointing Phase 1: Prepare.
Checkpointing Phase 2: Commit.
Checkpointing completed.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: starts.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept new strand.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: starts.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept new strand.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: starts.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept new strand.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: starts.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept new strand.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: starts.
#### Communication failure. Connection closed.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: exits.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept fails. Too many file descriptors
opened?
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept fails. Too many file descriptors
opened?
startNameService: 11102 Memory fault(coredump)

Neurotec Hochtechnologie GmbH
Intelligente Systeme
Ralf Walther
Ehlerstrasse 15