[omniORB] Troubles with naming service under win95

Jaroslaw Nozderko nozderko@ai.com.pl
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:38:02 +0200

Hi,

 I'm new to omniORB and to CORBA in general. I've downloaded
an omniORB 2.5.0 distribution and tried to install it under win95,
according to documentation. Unfortunately, I can't configure the
naming service. I set all environment variables and run
omninames, but got message:

C:\>omninames -start 12345
BOA_init falied: cannot use port 12345 to accept incoming IIOP calls.

...and this problem persists for all port numbers I tried.

I looked at the list archive, and found posting by Chris Collins

 http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/archives/1997-09/0016.html

who had the same problem. However, I didn't find any responses.

On another machine, it works and printed IOR. I added it into
registry. But when I try to run omninames again, the result is:

C:\>omninames
Configuration error: Invalid object reference supplied for NAMESERVICE.

abnormal program termination

Perhaps I simply miss something, but I can't find help in the docs.
If anyone can help, I'll be grateful.

Regards,
--
  Jarek