[omniORB] Idle connections

Dominic Chorafakis XE41 ext. 9049 dominic.chorafakis@alcatel.be
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 12:19:45 +0200

Hi,

I've been experiencing a strange problem and I
cannot seem to find the solution.

I have created the following server object:

interface Server
{
  short Ping();
};

I create an instance of such an object in one
application.  I then have two client
applications which call the Ping method on the
server object only once, then both
client apps just sit in a loop and sleep.

On the server side, the inScavenger runs after a
while, and after it shuts down the
two idle connections, the application crashes.  I
have tried to track down why and
where but I've had no luck.  This problem only
happens if the two clients are started
immediatly one after the other, so that the
scavenger closes both idle connections
within one idle scan loop.  Also, this problem
does not happen if I only start ONE
of the clients.

The problem is occuring with omniORB 2.5.0 on
Solaris 2.6 using the Cygnus GNU
compiler.

Has anyone else had such problems ?  Any
suggestions ?

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Dominic Chorafakis