[omniORB] ORBIX2.3c, OrbixNames 1.1 and OmniORB2.6

Paul Nader Paul.Nader@alcatel.com.au
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:02:59 +1100

John,

There was a thread in this mailing list some time ago about this
problem. See :

http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/archives/1998-01/0051.html

I run into it a while back and switched from Orbix to ORBAcus, which
interworks OK
with omniORB. The problem initially surfaced with Orbix 2.1, went away
in 2.2 and returned in 2.3. The problem apparently stems from
differences in the separators
used within the IORs between Orbix and other ORBs.

Regards, Paul

John Ronan wrote:

> Howdy,
> I'm trying to write a client/server application that will use the NamingService
> to locate one another.  Both work fine if I supply the IOR on the command line
> to the Client. but I'm unable to get either an omniOrb app to work with
> OrbixNames or a Orbix app to work with omniNames.  The person looking into this
> has assured me that they have looked through the omniOrb archives and haven't
> found anything to help, but I'm still stuck... Has anyone come up with a
> solution to this before? hopefully using omniNames.
>
> MTIA
>
> --
> John Ronan <j0n@tssg.wit.ie>,
>   Telecom Systems Software Group - WIT, +353-51-302412, http://www-tssg.wit.ie

 Paul Nader                             mailto:Paul.Nader@alcatel.com.au
 Principal Engineer                     PH: (61.2) 9690 5421
 Network Integration Division           FX: (61.2) 9690 5225
 Alcatel Telecom, Australia             280 Botany Rd, Alexandria,
Sydney