[omniORB] Significance of --enable-threads for building egcs-1.1

Shinji Suzuki suzuki@wni.co.jp
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:23:54 +0900

Sai-Lai,
Thank you very much for verification.

>I can reproduce your problem on a Redhat 5.1 machine with a 2.0.34 kernel.
>
>*BUT* when I repeated the test on a machine with a 2.1.125 kernel, the
> problem goes away.
Are these results from the same pthread library? Because the
problem seemed to be accompanied by memory-leak (about 4K/thread),
I was begining to suspect one of the pthread calls other than
pthread_create().

Well, the debug-run I was letting go in another virtual terminal
has stopped. It seems the exception is thrown as a result of
pthread_detach() in omnit_thread::start() failing. The example
with direct pthread calls (which works) that I mentioned in a
previous mail does NOT use pthread_detach(). As you say, it
looks like your time will be better spent in working on other
things than tracking the source of this problem. I'll get
back to you if I find anything more.

-shinji