[omniORB] Significance of --enable-threads for building egcs-1.1

Shinji Suzuki suzuki@wni.co.jp
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:25:33 +0900

James O Flynn <j8flynn@hursley.ibm.com> wrote:
>Excuse the irrelevance, I was deflected by Sai-Lai' comments.
>Think from the code I'm not too sure the way the join method works.
>Where is it failing?
Encouraged by your question, I put exception handlers around
the relevant code fragment and found that, after 1022 creations,
omni_thread_invalid(11) is thrown from 'omni_thread::create(here,0)'.
I wish I could have investigated futher immediately now but setting
up multi-thread debugging environment (building new gdb and
patching/building glibc) is lots of work to say the least. Anyway,
time to have a look at omnithread source code.

-shinji