[omniORB] problems with omniORB 2.6.1 on IRIX

James Riden jamesr@harlequin.co.uk
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:40:55 +0000

Dear omniORBers,

I can't get the new version of omniORB (2.6.1) to
work under IRIX. The example code in examples/thread
works fine - unless it is linked with omniORB2.so
and tcpwrapGK.so, in which case it dies. The echo
example fails in the same manner.

The exact problem is that omnithread seg faults
at static initialisation time, ie before main()
is called.  It falls over when calling
pthread_key_create. As I mentioned before, it's OK
when not linked with omniORB. It doesn't work with
either IRIX 6.4 or 6.5 (6.4 uses a suitably modifed
platform makefile).

This is puzzling, especially as I ported v 2.5.0 to
IRIX and it seemed perfectly happy once it compiled.
Any help would be much appreciated.

 thanks,
   James