[omniORB] omniORB 2.6.1 is released

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:48:59 +0100

I've made available release 2.6.1. This is a minor update to 2.6.0.

1. This release fixed two bugs (no. 34 and 35) in omniidl2. In particular,
   the bug in parsing preprocessor directive on AIX and HPUX has been fixed.

2. Alpha NT is now supported. Binary distribution is
   available. Unfortunately, there is no gnuwin32 for Alpha NT so you may
   have problem rebuilding the distribution from source. I'm using the
   posix environment provided by Interix (OpenNT). If you have the software
   installed on your machine you can also compile the source.
   Anyone with big iron Alpha NT are most welcomed to give this a try.

If you can please download the diffs between 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 and re-compile
the source instead of pulling over the complete binary distributions.
The diffs is available here:

ftp://ftp.orl.co.uk/pub/omniORB/2.60-2.61.diff.gz (10K)

Enjoy.

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND