[omniORB] Re: OmniORB 2.6.0 with ORBacus Java

Marc Laukien ml@ooc.com
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 19:04:40 +0200

Hi Gary,

"Gary D. Duzan" wrote:

>    FYI, I've just uncovered an interoperability problem between ORBacus
> for Java (3.0 and apparantly 3.1b1) and OmniORB 2.6.0.  Due to an error
> in buffer management in ORBacus, it sometimes leaves trailing nulls at
> the end of an IOP. Since ORBacus generates version 1.0 IIOP, OmniORB
> rightly flags this as an error, throwing CORBA:MARSHAL. (See CORBA 2.1,
> p. 12-35, paragraph 2, or CORBA 2.2, p. 13-25, center paragraph.)
>    The included patch appears to correct ORBacus' behavior for 3.0.
> Version 3.1b1 appears to do the same thing, so the fix should be
> similar.
> [...]

You are right, I just found that bug in ORBacus for Java. I will fix
this in the upcoming ORBacus for Java 3.1.

Your patch solves the problem, but it's more a workaround then a fix.
That's because the _OB_buffer() operation is correct, it's just used in
a wrong manner somewhere else in the code.

Anyway, JOB3.1 will be released tomorrow, including the correct fix.

Thanks for the bug report.

Cheers,
Marc
--
Marc Laukien                          Phone:  (978) 439 9285 x 245
Object-Oriented Concepts, Inc.        FAX:    (978) 439 9286