[omniORB] omniORB 2.5.0 and shared application libraries

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
19 Oct 1998 10:59:14 +0100

Despite of what Sun has said (or not said) about the compatiability of
Solaris 2.5 and 2.6 binaries, we found that using Solaris 2.5 binaries (may
be just the shared libraries) on Solaris 2.6 is problematic.

I recommend you recompile the omniORB distribution native on Solaris 2.6.
Or better just download the new omniORB 2.6.0 binaries for Solaris 2.6.

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND