[omniORB] Notifcation libary ?

Niels Basjes Basjes@nlr.nl
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:00:04 +0200

Paul,

> > ... What we would like to have is a notification library
> > (i.e. a subscription mechanism).

> What do you mean by a notification library?. Are you after an
> implementation of the event services (i.e asynchronous messaging)?

Yes, that is the idea.

Quick explanation of what we have in mind (If there is a better way
we would like to know about it!!):

The functionality we're looking for is something where a server can
provide an IDL to which a client must conform. The client should be
able to subscribe to the server by using some kind of subscribe
function. The server should be able to retrieve a list of all clients
it should notify of certain events and call one or more of the
predefined functions.

As I said: We need the sources because we want to do experiments on
and between different hardware platforms.

--

Best regards,

Niels.

| ir. Niels Basjes              | National Aerospace Laboratory |  _  |
| Phone       : +31-20-5113381  | Anthony Fokkerweg 2           | /   |
| Fax         : +31-20-5113210  | 1059 CM Amsterdam             |(NLR)|
| E-Mail@NLR  : Basjes@NLR.nl   | The Netherlands               |  _/ |
| E-Mail@Home : Niels@Basjes.nl | http://www.nlr.nl             |     |
PGP-Key FC5709F5 : http://www.wirehub.nl/~basjesn/PGPKeys.asc