[omniORB] Security service

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
09 Oct 1998 20:13:29 +0100

> Has anybody ever tried to implement the CORBA security service for tthe
> OMNIOrb ?  Having done some work with the IONA one I am aware that it is
> implemented using transformers and filters , Iona's interpretation of the
> interceptor model .

> I was wondering if OMNIOrb implements or will implement interceptors in
> the near future .

> If anybody can come up with a way to implement interceptor like
> behaviourI would greatly appreciate it . My team and I plan to take an
> ORB to level 2 security if time permits but the lack of interceptors
> would be a real pain in the butt .

It seems to me the Interceptor interface is a real performance killer :-) At
some point it will be supported for the sake of compatiability.

There are other ways to insert code into the ORB to support security
services and others. If you can describe what is needed, may be I can give
you some pointers as to how the integration can be done.

By the way, is there any plan to make your work publicly available?

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND