[omniORB] Idle Connection Shutdown Problem

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
09 Oct 1998 10:05:09 +0100

> We have figured out a problem with omniORB idle connection
> shutdown in combination with a JacORB client.

> omniORB closes a idle connection after some time
> in tcpScocketStrand::shutdown (tcpSocketMTfactory.cc).
> When doing so it sends an incomplete GIOP request
> without the message_size component (8 Bytes instead of
> 12 Bytes). JacORB wants to read a complete GIOP request (12 Bytes)
> and thinks there is an IOException.

> I didn't find anything in the CORBA spec that the message_size
> is optional, so I think JacORB is right.

> Can someone confirm this?

Its a bug. Already fixed in 2.6.0. Will be out real soon now.

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND