[omniORB] How to link to x86_win32 binaries with Borland C++b uilder?

Thomas van der Ploeg Thomas.vanderPloeg@harbinger.nl
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 18:07:00 +0100

Hi Mikhail,

I had the same problem with bc 5.02.
The solution was that the omnithread libraries used the windows native
functions to start a new thread.
BC requires that threads be started with the C++ runtime library functions
_beginthread or _beginthreadNT, otherwise exception handling won't work.
VC, in fact, wants that too but the effects of not doing it aren't as
disastrous as with BC.
Version 2.6.1 of omnithread is using the proper thread functions now so that
should work beter.
Next week I'll have a few day's off so I'll be spending my time porting
2.6.1 to CBuilder.
I'll post the results.

Thanks for your files !
I noticed that you built your libraries using the make files, I did it using
the IDE.
I think using the makes is beter.

Regs,

Thomas.