[omniORB] Digital Unix, omniORB and GCC

Gerd Flender plgerd@informatik.uni-siegen.de
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 15:37:44 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

for my studies at university i need to implement a load balancing system
into a corba naming service.

I decided to use omniORB, but now I ran into troubles because omniORB
seems only to compile with the DEC cxx, but not with gcc.
I need to use gcc because the library I should use to implement load
balancing only compiles with gcc. The DEC cxx can't handle the complex
c++ structur.
I tried several things to compile omniORB either with gcc 2.8.1 or
egcs 1.1b. The gcc2.8.1 executables crash immadiately. Where as the
egcs executables at first seems to work. But if I try to run omniNames,
it crashes in a thread function.
Is there no way to compile omniORB under Digital Unix v4 with gcc? I
read some related articles in the omniORB list-archive.
Is this only a problem of the compiler? Under Linux omniORB just works
fine with gcc 2.8.1.

Gerd

| Gerd Flender - Student of computer science                                |
| E-Mail: plgerd@informatik.uni-siegen.de                                   |