[omniORB] Problem installing on SCO OS5

doug.chinnery@zadall.com doug.chinnery@zadall.com
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 9:23:07 PST

I've been trying to get omniORB_2.6.1 installed on SCO OS5 and have
run into the following problems:

1) In config/config.mk the platform line that I'm using is:

   platform = x86_sco5

   Unfortunately mk/platforms/x86_sco5.mk doesn't exist. I changed my
   platform in config.mk to agree with the the closest one (x86_osr5)
   and I was able to get to the next step.

2) Things were compiling just fine, then it came to the point where it
   wanted to install omkdepend.  SCO's install program seems to be a
   bit different than everyone else's in that the -c parameter needs a
   directory after it like so...

   install -c $directory -m 0755 $file

   The problem is because the directory is now in a different place
   in the command line, the beforedir.mk can't handle it.

   I couldn't figure out an easy way around this problem to I took the
   hackers way out and:

        - changed the INSTALL variable in x86_osr5.mk to INSTALL=cp
        - added INSTEXEFLAGS= and INSTLIBFLAGS= to x86_os5.mk

Things seem to be moving along quite nicely now.