[omniORB] Can I restart orb & boa after Fork?

weissman@gte.com weissman@gte.com
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:19:17 -0500

I'm trying to build a corba interface to a non thread-safe
application.  In the past I've done this with a different orb by
forking, then destroying and restarting the orb & boa in the child
process.  I can then return a stringified IOR to the parent and I'm
all set.  I'm basically using processes instead of threads.  Fork is
very efficient here because it takes a while to accumulate state and
it would be expensive to exec and reload in the child.

In OmniOrb, I couldn't figure out an obvious way to do this.
Any suggestions?  The other orb used an event loop.  Threads
seem to make this a bit harder.