[omniORB] General ORB performance issues.

Myles Penlington myles@ams.co.nz
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:04:40 +1300

Does any body have any "Real" live production performance data on ORB's
In particular the ability of ORB's to keep track of 100's if not 1000's =
of CORBA objects for a single ORB.
e.g. 200 clients talking to a server ORB, and each client referencing =
several objects, very quickly causes the number of active objects to =
grow quite large. We are wondering if any body has a production system =
and knows anything about this issue?
Or is this not an issue and other factors cause you to require a second =
application server, before the ORB runs out of steam?

We are going through some basic distributed systems design issues, e.g. =
the ability of an ORB to support 100+ different CORBA interfaces (or is =
this a bad idea?)
Any feed back welcome.
Thanks
Myles Penlington
ADVANCED MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS

This message is confidential to the person to whom it is addressed. It =
is not to be used, copied or distributed by anyone else.  If the message =
has reached you by mistake please contact us immediately and then delete =
it from your system.  Thank you for your co-operation.