[omniORB] Question about working thread for co-located CORBA object

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:53:59 -0500

   For CORBA objects in the same process, omniORB converts the call
into a call to the implementation object, so the calling thread will be
used to execute the method. So no, there should be no thread switching
involved.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories

In Message <36490D1E.DDF23880@sohar.com> ,
   Bing Zhang <bzhang@sohar.com> wrote:

=>Hi,
=>
=>I am using omniORB 2.4.1.
=>
=>As I understand the corba call will be serviced by a worker thread in
=>omniORB. But is this true for co-located corba object.
=>
=>I create a corba object in main thread, then spawn a thread, say thread A,
=>to call a method of this object. Is there a thread switch from Thread A to
=>worker thread, then switch back to thread A during the call process? It
=>seems to me that there is a thread switch even for co-located object, but
=>my print-out tells me another story.
=>
=>Thanks
=>