[omniORB] Linking problems in MSVC++ 5.0

Dee Jay Randall randal@cs.uregina.ca
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:04:29 -0600 (CST)

  I have now read the install instructions upward of half a dozen
times, each time poring over the MSVC Project Settings to make sure
everything is sensible.

  When I try to compile, everything works until it tries to link. Then
I get a slew of LNK2001 errors:

Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMT" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
server.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CORBA::BOA::impl_is_ready(class CORBA::ImplementationDef *,unsigned char)" (?impl_is_ready@BOA@CORBA@@QAEXPAVImplementationDef@2@E@Z)
server.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CORBA::ORB * __cdecl CORBA::ORB_init(int &,char * *,char const *)" (?ORB_init@CORBA@@SAPAVORB@1@AAHPAPADPBD@Z)
server.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl CORBA::string_free(char *)" (?string_free@CORBA@@SAXPAD@Z)
dmvi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl CORBA::string_free(char *)" (?string_free@CORBA@@SAXPAD@Z)
dmvi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall NetBufferedStream::skip(unsigned long,unsigned char)" (?skip@NetBufferedStream@@QAEXKE@Z)
dbd50__1/dbd50.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 36 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

dbd50.exe - 38 error(s), 1 warning(s)

  I have confirmed that the library path is correct and that the
omniorb lib and omnithread lib are in the "Object/library modules:"
part of the settings. I have tried using both run time and static
(with the _WINSTATIC option) versions of the libraries. Same errors
all the time.

  I have even exported a makefile and can see the appropriate
libraries and library path in the variables in the include file.

  Does anyone have any idea why this won't work for me? (Hmmm. Does
anyone know what the first "libcmt" error is about, I don't understand
that one?)

  Thanks for your help.

  randal@cs.uregina.ca  |  "While reality is neither black and white nor    |
                       { }  right and wrong, those are the only ideals     { }
   _-__-_  ouch,       { }  against which we can evaluate our decisions."  { }